Sunday, October 5, 2008

Back from the detour

So tonight I think I got us back to where we got detoured.

I bound the fretboard. This time I used superglue because it's a little easier to control where it's gonna go. I noticed on the last try when I glued the ebony binding on with Titebond there was some squeeze out that got into the fret slots, that was gonna be a pain to get cleaned out so the frets would fit in properly. We don't use as much superglue therefore it doesn't squeeze out and it does not take as long to cure.

I let the binding sit for about 10 minutes then got out the radius sanding block and sanded the binding down to match the rest of the board. Then cleaned it all up with 100 and 220 grit paper. A little clean up on the back of the neck and the sides and it looks like we're in business.

So, tomorrow night we pick things up and have a look at bridge placement and make sure it's shaped properly.

No comments: