Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Gettin' n'leid

Over the past few days I actually have made some progress just a little too distracted to talk about it.

When the tape came off the binding I did some sanding and cleaned up the edges. It came out pretty well, one of the best binding jobs I've done. Usually the clean up ends up with some very thin parts on the binding, this remained very consistent all the way around the body... quite a relief.

I've also been working on the fretboard and it's inlay. I was told that Pav is a bit of a surfer so I found an old Hang Ten logo, two little feet and decided I'd go with that modified a little. To keep it small enough to fit between two frets the pinky toe would have ended up way too small so I changed it to two 4 toed feet... Hang 8. Also my advanced abilities of doing inlay meant it would look a little more free form so here's what we ended up with.

The feet are positioned between the 11th and 13th frets with the 12th running right across them.

There's dots at frets 3, 5, 7 and 9.

No comments: