Wednesday, September 17, 2008

It could be a Bird House

Junia was my helper today. First thing she set the uke body up on the workbench and said, "It's could be a birdhouse." Well, ok now we have an option if it doesn't sound good.


The first thing we worked on was getting the neck to fit the body. The end where it is to fit has a slight curve so I placed a piece of sandpaper on that point and sanded the appropriate curve into the heel of the neck. Next some fine adjustments of that to make sure it wasn't at an angle but rather a straight edge along the neck onto the body.


Junia decided she needed her goggles on, I'm not sure how safe they really were once they started to fog up.


We also began working on the bridge. first cutting the blank to the correct size then shaping the ends. I have a bit more reading up on bridges before this gets finished.


And finally tonight I began shaping the heel. I'll get it rough shaped before I glue on the fretboard and bind it.

No comments: